Saturday, February 4, 2012

Missing You



This photo was taken six years ago from my old flat on Scarborough terrace. I was completing this series of paintings for a life drawing class at university. After they had been assessed I went to pick them up from class and they were gone, I never saw them again. I was so upset at losing them after all the time I spent on them (not to mention getting an A+ grade^^) and not knowing their fate. However as I was scrolling though some old photos on the computer I found this photo of these 'works in progress' which I had completely forgotten about. There is something nice and nostalgic about this photo. Had I got the paintings back i'm certain they would have suffered the same fate as the rest of my life drawing work- their life spent covered in dust under the spare bed at my parents house.

No comments:

Post a Comment